I have a bit of a cold, but that did not stop me from drawing or experimenting.
Great, so I just started doing life drawing again. I guess I was a little bit rusty. I found it a little bit hard to get all the proportions right. Hopefully next week i’m all warmed up. I have been drawing so much those past few days that I feel like my arm might just fall off at some point.
The first 2 warm up drawings (10mins)
Overall, I really liked it, it was nice to get back into it after this long… I think its been a few months since I did any kind of life drawing or still life, any observational drawing really. Anyway. I hope to improve much more this year 😀
- There is just so much more energy and emotions in my sketches.
- All the ideas are roughly there, whether they’re good or bad, everyone sees and understands the concept
- They take far less time and hassle.
- I enjoy doing them and I don’t stress other it.
- I can ruin it any possible way I might want, its a sketch. I can experiment
- I can leave it half done with far less details and be so lazy about it.
You can find the final drawing here: https://axoupixou.wordpress.com/2015/08/15/august-eh-persevering/
And so I have a few Sketches; some with ink, some with pencil and random things. By “random” I mean, this teacher had me use rather strange things. I have been drawing with plastic forks, tree branches or twigs… and… It has been weird, but I did enjoy it. I missed traditional stuff… Digital will have to wait. 🙂